Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13, 2009

I continue to be amazed by the generosity of God's people!  I am not the kind of person to ask for help or money, even if its not for me.  I once took an assessment to determine the career path I should take and the results included "Do NOT go into sales!"  This weakness of mine has not limited God in what he wants to accomplish for the kids in Leadville.  

This week alone I have had 3 people offer boxes of clothes, and one family has offered to donate more bikes.  At a community garage sale a woman gave me some money to help pay for all of the ski jackets I was buying.  I hadn't asked for any of it - the nice people just wanted to help.  

I am meeting with the generous principal who pays for so many things for the kids at her school out of her own pocket on Sunday morning.  Although she lives in a nearby town, she is coming to church with me in Leadville so I can meet the pastor and talk about other partnership opportunities between our church and theirs.  

Will you please pray for us - for our meeting Sunday morning and our church vote Sunday night?  (The vote is to make the River backing of the Leadville community official.)  Based on the response so far from the members, I think the vote will go well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment